HOW TO WASH CASHMERE
1. It's always best to follow the washing instructions provided with the garment. In general though, normal 2 ply cashmere can be machine washed on a 30° delicate or wool program. The 2 ply lightweight, 4 ply and 6 ply can be dry cleaned or hand washed. Pashmina shawls and scarves should be dry-cleaned, except where stated.
2. When hand washing, it is best to use a gentle washing liquid such as our 'NO RINSE' Cashmere shampoo! Soak the garment in 30° water with the shampoo (follow the instructions provided with the shampoo). The garment can be gently spun afterwards to remove any excess water. Do not mix colours in the same wash.
3. Once the garment is washed and spun, pull the garment to shape and dry flat, avoiding direct sunlight.
4. You can press the garment using an iron. Do not steam the garment as this can cause drooping.
1. Cashmere garments are prone to damage by moths. To prevent this it is important to dry the garment properly, fold flat and store it in a breathable bag. Avoid hanging the garment as this may damage its shape.
2. Store your cashmere in a dry place and avoid direct sunlight.
3. Using anti-moth sachets or cedar wood balls is strongly advised.
Cashmere is a fine, soft, luxurious yarn, so it is important that your garments are carefully taken care of, to ensure they last. Here are a few of our tips;
1. If a cashmere jumper is worn under an outer garment it is important to make sure the outer garment has a soft lining and that there are no objects in the inner pockets, as this may cause the cashmere to pill in small areas.
2. Keep your cashmere garments dust free by using a soft brush or giving them a gentle shake.
3. Keep your cashmere items folded to help them keep their shape.